Recent research has shown that a tannin-rich extract derived from the edible fruit of the Terminalia bellerica tree helps keep uric acid levels within healthy range.1 This patent-pending, standardized extract from Terminalia bellerica inhibits xanthine oxidase, thus modulating uric acid synthesis.
The bioactive compounds in Terminalia bellerica are also believed to provide a healthy inflammatory response, possibly due to inhibition of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS).
In a 24-week active-control trial, volunteers with elevated uric acid levels who received twice-daily capsules of 500 mg of T. bellerica extract demonstrated decreased uric acid levels by a mean of 27.59%, with no reported adverse side effects. This decrease in uric acid levels enabled 88.8% of the people in the study arm who were taking the extract to achieve targeted uric acid serum levels.1
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Rani U, Kishan P, Chandrasekhar N. Publication pending.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
|Amount Per Serving|
Ayuric™ Terminalia bellerica extract (fruit) [std. to 15% tannins]
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, silica.
Ayuric™ is a trademark of Natreon, Inc. with patents pending.
|Dosage and Use|
- Take one (1) capsule twice daily after breakfast and dinner, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
To report a serious adverse event or obtain product information, contact 1-866-280-2852.