Tart cherries are packed with potent antioxidants called anthocyanins that give them their deep, dark color and provide numerous health benefits. In addition to promoting cellular health in general, including heart and brain health, they also promote faster recovery of isometric strength and muscle function after exercise. That means faster relief from the minor aches, discomfort, and stiffness that can follow everyday muscle exertion. Enjoy all the muscle-supporting benefits of tart cherries without the calories. Add Tart Cherry with CherryPURE® to your regimen!
Benefits at a Glance
- Support muscle recovery after exercise
- Faster relief from aches and stiffness associated with muscle exertion
- Packed with powerful antioxidants called anthocyanins
- Supported by numerous scientific studies
With nearly 40 scientific studies published on the wide-ranging benefits of tart cherries, scientists are now discovering important new health applications for this American fruit.
Tart cherries are packed with unique beneficial compounds that have been shown to block COX-1 and COX-2 enzymes,1 as well as maintain muscle function and promote rapid muscle recovery after exercise,2-7 bringing faster relief from the minor aches, discomfort, and stiffness that can follow muscle exertion.2,3,8-9 In clinical studies, researchers have confirmed the muscle-supporting benefits of tart cherries. For example, a randomized controlled trial found that consuming tart cherry juice twice daily produced a substantial decrease in muscle symptomsrelated to exercise. In the same study, the exercise-induced loss of strength over the four days following a workout was reduced from 22% to only 4%.4
In another randomized controlled trial, marathon runners given tart cherry juice for five days before a race, on race day, and for two days after a race experienced significantly faster recovery of isometric strength and muscle function.3 And in yet another controlled trial, tart cherry juice taken twice daily for seven days prior to a race produced a significantly smaller increase in post-race pain, according to a standard pain assessment scale, compared to the placebo group.2
Anthocyanins are powerful molecules that provide the dark pigmentation to blueberries, raspberries, and bilberries.10 In addition to being potent antioxidants, anthocyanins have been extensively studied for their numerous health benefits that include heart and cognitive health.10-12 Tart cherries have a high and varied anthocyanin content.1
Tart Cherry with CherryPURE®, a 100% natural supplement, provides the muscle-supporting benefits of tart cherries or tart cherry juice without the calories. See references below. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
|Amount Per Serving|
CherryPURE® sour cherry (tart cherry) powder (skin) [providing anthocyanins]
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), silica.
CherryPURE® is a registered trademark of Shoreline Fruit, LLC.
|Dosage and Use|
- Take one (1) capsule once or twice daily, with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
To report a serious adverse event or obtain product information, contact 1-866-280-2852.
- Phytomedicine. 2001 Sep;8(5):362-9.
- J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2010 May 7;7:17.
- Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2010 Dec;20(6):843-52.
- Br J Sports Med. 2006 Aug;40(8):679-83.
- Am J Vet Res. 2009 Jun;70(6):758-63.
- Nutrients. 2014 Feb 21;6(2):829-43.
- Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2015 Apr;40(4):414-23.
- Med Sport Sci. 2012;59:86-93.
- Nutrients. 2014 Feb 21;6(2):829-43.
- Mol Nutr Food Res. 2007 Jun;51(6):675-83.
- Adv Nutr. 2011 Jan;2(1):1-7.
- J Nutr Biochem. 2010 Jul;21(7):598-605.