Carnosine is a dipeptide consisting of amino acids beta-alanine and L-histidine. Carnosine acts as both an antioxidant and a pH buffer, protecting muscle cell membranes from oxidation both during and after exercise. Carnosine also inhibits glycation, a natural chemical reaction that can contribute to a variety of age-related factors — so add it to your health regimen today.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Provides powerful antioxidant protection
- Supports muscle recovery during and after exercise
- Augmented with vitamin B1 for additional protection
- Helps the heart muscle contract more efficiently
Vital nerve and muscle cells naturally contain high levels of carnosine. But as we age, carnosine levels decline — making supplementation essential for athletes and aging individuals alike. Our Super Carnosine formula contains 500 mg of this potent antioxidant amino acid, as well as a form of vitamin B1 to boost carnosine's antioxidant and protective benefits.
Powerful glycation-inhibiting agent
Carnosine is a unique dipeptide that can inhibit glycation, a natural part of the aging process.1-7 In fact, carnosine may be the most potent glycation-inhibiting nutrient there is. Glycation affects essential proteins in your body, and can be superficially seen as wrinkled skin.8-19
Carnosine and muscle health
Since carnosine acts as a pH buffer, it can protect muscle cells from oxidation, even under the acidic conditions of muscular exertion, or exercise. Additionally, carnosine enables the heart muscle to contract more efficiently through enhancement of calcium response in heart muscle cells.20 While muscle cells naturally contain high levels of carnosine, those levels decline with age, which may account for the normal age-related decline in muscle mass and function.21
Augmented with B1 benfotiamine
Our Super Carnosine formula also contains benfotiamine, a derivative of thiamine (vitamin B1) that provides additional support against glycation reactions. Choose the right carnosine supplement — add Super Carnosine to your health regimen today.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
|Amount Per Serving|
Thiamine (vitamin B1) (as thiamine HCl)
Luteolin [from orange extract (fruit)]
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice flour, ascorbyl palmitate, silica, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
|Dosage and Use|
- Take one (1) capsule two to three times daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
To report a serious adverse event or obtain product information, contact 1-866-280-2852.
- Arch Biochem Biophys.2004 Jul 1;427(1):110-5.
- Exp Gerontol. 2009 Apr;44(4):237-42. Epub 2008 Nov 11.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002 Apr;959:285-94.
- Biosci BiotechnolBiochem.2002 Jan;66(1):36-43.
- Nephron Clin Pract. 2007;107(1):c26-34.
- Perit Dial Int. 2007 Jan-Feb;27(1):86-9.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006 May;1067:369-74.
- Diabetologia.2002 Oct;45(10):1457-62.
- Pathol Biol(Paris). 2003 Dec;51(10):543-9.
- Brain Res Brain Res Rev.2003 Mar;41(2-3):306-23.
- Arthritis Rheum.2004 Apr;50(4):1207-15.
- Med Hypotheses.2004;62(2):275-9.
- Can J Physiol Pharmacol.2000 Oct;78(10):848-55.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci.2001 Apr;928:48-53.
- Arthritis Rheum.2002 Jan;46(1):114-23.
- J InvestDermatol.2002 Aug;119(2):489-98.
- Kurume Med J.2002;49(1-2):7-13.
- Curr Pharm Des. 2008;14(10):946-52.
- Metabolism. 2008 Oct;57(10):1452-7.
- Am J Physiol. 1997 Jan;272(1 Pt 2):H462-8.
- Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 1999 Sep-Oct;29(2):107-13.