Scientists have discovered that the Indian herb ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) counters some of the oxidative damage generated by nervous tension.1Ashwagandha has been the subject of animal studies and is believed to confer improvements in well-being and a healthy outlook in humans.2,3
In a large clinical trial, ashwagandha reduced levels of the hormone cortisol by up to 26% while maintaining already normal blood sugar levels and lipid profiles.131 Subjects who took the standardized ashwagandha extract reported improvements in energy, sleep and well-being, as well as diminished fatigue.4Additional research suggests that ashwagandha confers neuroprotection by supporting the regeneration of axons and dendrites, nerve cell components that support brain and nervous system function.5-7
The suggested daily dose provides 250 mg of standardized, patented, non-stimulating Sensoril® Ashwagandha Extract. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- J Ethnopharmacol. 2001 Jan;74(1):1-6.
- Phytomedicine. 2000 Dec;7(6):463-9.
- Molecules. 2009 Jul 3;14(7):2373-93.
- Unpublished study, 2005. Nutrigenesis, LLC.
- Br J Pharmacol. 2005 Apr;144(7):961-71.
- Eur J Neurosci. 2006 Mar;23(6):1417-26.
- Yakugaku Zasshi. 2008 Aug;128(8):1159-67.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
|Amount Per Serving|
Sensoril® Ashwagandha extract (root and leaf) [std. to 32% oligosaccharides, 10% withanolide glycoside conjugates]
Other ingredients: rice flour, vegetable cellulose (capsule), maltodextrin, vegetable stearate, silica.
Sensoril® is protected under US Patent Nos. 6,153,198 and 6,713,092 and is a registered trademark of Natreon, Inc.
|Dosage and Use|
- Take one (1) capsule twice daily on an empty stomach, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
To report a serious adverse event or obtain product information, contact 1-866-280-2852.