Folate helps maintain homocysteine levels within the normal range,1 thereby promoting cardiovascular health.2 Folate also supports neurotransmitter synthesis—which in turn, helps maintain cognitive abilities.3
However, not everyone has sufficient activity of the enzyme required to convert folate to its biologically active form, 5-methyltetrahydrofolate, or 5-MTHF.4,5
For those whose homocysteine levels remain stubbornly high, the answer lies with the bioactive form of folate called 5-MTHF, which is up to seven times more bioavailable than ordinary folic acid.6 This unique compound requires no enzymatic conversion to become metabolically active6— providing maximum support for both cardiovascular and cognitive health.
Each vegetarian tablet of High Potency Optimized Folate provides 5,000 mcg of the metabolically active 5-MTHF form of folate.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
1. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Apr;83(4):842-50.
2. Am J Ther. 2014; Epub Nov 17.
3. Innov Clin Neurosci. 2011 Jan;8(1):19-28.
4. Am J Hum Genet. 2002 Mar;70(3):758-62.
5. Coll Antropol. 2004 Dec;28(2):647-54.
6. Br J Pharmacol. 2004 Mar;141(5):825-30.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian tablet
|Amount Per Serving|
Folate [as (6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt]^
Other ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, stearic acid, croscarmellose sodium, silica, vegetable stearate.
^Quatrefolic® is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A., Patent number 7,947,662.
|Dosage and Use|
- Take one (1) tablet daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Do not use this product if treated with methotrexate, fluorouracil, phenytoin, phenobarbital, primidone, or levodopa prior to consultation with your personal physician.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
To report a serious adverse event or obtain product information, contact 1-866-280-2852.