Choline is a substance needed by the brain to produce acetylcholine, a major brain/motor neuron neurotransmitter that facilitates the transmission of impulses between neurons.1-3
The importance of choline for maintaining health in adults has been recognized for some time, but published studies point to its critical role in brain development.4,5
CDP-choline stands for cytidine-5’-diphosphate choline. This unique form of choline readily passes through the blood-brain barrier (BBB) directly into the brain tissue.6,7 Once past the blood-brain barrier, CDP-choline activates the synthesis of critical components in cell membranes, enhances cerebral energy metabolism and increases levels of various neurotransmitters. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Science. 1983 Aug 12;221(4611):614-20.
- J Pediatr. 2006 Nov;149(5 Suppl):S131-6.
- Gastroenterology. 2009 Nov;137(5 Suppl):S119-28.
- Brain Res. 2007 Dec;1186:242-54.
- Learn Mem. 2008 Mar 5;15(3):153-62.
- Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 2006 Sep;28 Suppl B:1-56.
- Clin Exp Hypertens. 2002 Oct-Nov;24(7-8):697-713.