A major cause of aging is a reduction in the energy-producing components of the cell, resulting in reduced cellular metabolic activity, and the accumulation of cellular debris.1-7 L-carnitine helps maintain cellular energy metabolism by assisting in the transport of fatty acids from the cytosol into the mitochondria within the cell, where fats are oxidized to produce the cellular energy (adenosine triphosphate or ATP).8-13
The acetylated form of L-carnitine (Acetyl-L-carnitine) facilitates the release and synthesis of acetylcholine by donating its acetyl group to the production of acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter.16,17 Acetyl-L-carnitine also enhances the release of dopamine from neurons and helps it bind to dopamine receptors.14,15,18,19
ArginoCarn® is a patented form of acetyl-L-carnitine dihydrochloride that is molecularly bonded to the amino acid arginine and known as the AminoCarnitine® generation. Cell studies suggest that it can help maintain healthy neuron growth.20-22
Acetyl-L-carnitine is as effective as L-carnitine in carrying fatty acids across the membrane into the cell where they are burned as energy, but also promotes optimal brain health. With the discovery of acetyl-L-carnitine arginate, the benefits of acetyl-L-carnitine can now be greatly augmented. (See references below)
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
|Amount Per Serving|
ArginoCarn® Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate Dihydrochloride
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice flour, ascorbyl palmitate, silica.
ArginoCarn® is a registered trademark of sigma-tau HealthScience USA, Inc. and is protected by U.S. production patent 6,703,042 and worldwide production patent EP1202956.
|Dosage and Use|
- Take one (1) capsule three times daily, preferably on an empty stomach, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- This product can be taken in divided doses or all at once.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
To report a serious adverse event or obtain product information, contact 1-866-280-2852.
- Physiol Rev.1998 Apr;78(2):547-81.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004 Jun;1019:406-11.
- Trends Cell Biol. 2011 Oct;21(10):569-76.
- Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi (Taipei). 2001 May;64(5):259-70.
- Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007 Feb;292(2):C670-86.
- Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997 Apr 1;94(7):3064-9.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1998 Nov 20;854:118-27.
- J Lipid Res. 2004 Apr;45(4):729-35.
- Metabolism. 1997 Dec;46(12):1454-7.
- Mech Ageing Dev. 1995 Oct 13;84(2):103-12.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002 Apr;959:491-507.
- Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000 Jun 26;1486(1):1-17.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2007 Dec;86(6):1738-44.
- Neuropsychopharmacology. 2003 Apr;28(4):683-93.
- Neuropsychopharmacology. 2002 Sep;27(3):410-20.
- Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2010 Jul;10 Suppl 1:S99-106.
- J Neurosci Res. 2001 Oct 15;66(2):266-71.
- J Neurosci Res. 1991 Nov;30(3):555-9.
- Eur J Pharmacol. 1992 Jul 21;218(1):117-21.
- Altern Med Rev. 2005 Dec;10(4):268-93.
- Neurosci Lett. 1994 Jan 3;165(1-2):33-6.
- Neurochem Res. 1995 Jan;20(1):1-9.